Thursday, November 13, 2008

Being Alive

It's time to celebrate another day of living - Three Dog Night

Today I had the sad news that a friend took his life. It's doubly sad for me as I am a 'live your life now, big, bold and lively' kinda gal. It's difficult for me, and very compassionate, to think that anyone could be suffering so that they cannot find that spark within that let's them know, all is ok, I am loved, I don't need to do/be anything, I am alive and life is happening for me, my breath is life alone, my life is a gift and precious to me and to others.

I began thinking that just last week I put myself through a very quiet time, a time away from the day=to=day doings and slowed way, way down. During that time one of the things I realized is how many people are effected by me, positively or negatively. I was shown through meditation, how many interactions I have in a day and how people respond to those interactions. How they come away from me. I got to see/feel my effect on them! It was quite eye opening. This gave me an opportunity to do some fine tuning in my behaviors, speaking and actions, so that not only am I being true to myself but honoring of another also.

What are you thoughts on this? What effect do you have on others? Does it even matter to you?

Love and hugs to Life and YOU

Shazna

No comments: